Managing child photo/video consents
Managing photo/video consent is made considerably easier with parents able to manage these details for their children in My ChurchSuite and on the My Consent form. Users with Children module permissions are also able to manage each child's photo/video consent (in accordance with the parent's wishes of course!) The consent fields can also be disabled if not required.
In this article
Managing photo/video consent in My ChurchSuite
For parents to be able to access the My Children section within My ChurchSuite you should first check the Children module's setting to make sure that Enable My ChurchSuite access is ticked on the My ChurchSuite Options tab - click Edit to make changes. If access is disabled the My Children section will not be visible within My ChurchSuite.
Continuing down the My ChurchSuite Options, in the Fields section check that the Photo/Video consent fields are set to be editable by parents - click Edit to make changes.
Now, parents with linked children are able to manage their children's details in My ChurchSuite, including Photo/Video consent. Here's how...
From the parent's Home page they'll navigate to the My Children section and click to Edit child.
From the child's profile page they'll select the Photo/Video Consent tab. From here they can update the photo/video consent - affirmatively selecting Yes (to grant consent) or No (to deny consent).
Identical functionality is surfaced on a child's My Consent form - see the related support article for further information about the Ongoing Consent feature.
Managing photo/video consent in ChurchSuite
Users can also manage child Photo/Video consent from within ChurchSuite when editing a child's profile in the Children module.
The child's photo/video consent settings show when viewing the child's profile...
The Children module's Reports section also includes a Photo/Video Consent report - the results distinguish between consent given (a green tick), consent denied (a grey cross) and consent unknown (a grey question mark). Consent 'unknown' is where a child's consent is neither affirmatively granted or denied.
We've also provided helpful Smart Tag conditions (in the Children module's Tags section) for Internal presentation and External presentation Photo/Video Consent - ideal for identifying children whose parents have not yet updated their children consent (i.e. consent is Unknown).
Importantly, your children group leaders can see the latest Photo/Video consent status for each child in their group when viewing their group in the Child Check-In system's Admin Area - consent granted, distinguished by a green tick, or consent denied/unknown, distinguished by a red cross.
Turning off the photo/video consent fields
ChurchSuite's 'in-built' fields for Internal Photo/Video Consent and External Photo/Video Consent are optional fields, which can be turned off if not required. This may be helpful where your organisation prefers to use your own custom fields that are more suited for your safeguarding processes; or because the nature of your organisation doesn't require you to maintain this information.
To turn off the consent fields, head into the Children module's settings via the cogwheels icon in the top-right corner of the module. On the Module Options tab, locate the two settings in the Child Fields and disable (or enable) as required - click Edit to make changes.
Note that disabling one or both consent fields in the Module Options will: -
- remove the respective field(s) from child profile pages in the Children module.
- remove the respective field(s) from being surfaced in the Photo/Video Consent report.
- remove the respective children smart tag condition(s).
- preserve the photo/video consent settings already held for each child
It will also: -
- disable the respective consent field(s) in the My ChurchSuite Options tab, and prevent them from being visible or editable by parents in the My Children section of My ChurchSuite and on children My Consent forms.
- disable the respective consent field(s) in the Connect Options tab, and prevent them from being surfaced on the Add child section of the My Details form.
- disable the respective consent field(s) in the Connect Options tab, and prevent them from being surfaced within the Child Check-In system's Admin area on the Details page during an active check-in session.
- disable the respective consent field(s) in the Embed Options tab, and prevent them from being surfaced on the Add child section of the Address Book Embed form.
If you subsequently decide to re-enable one or both consent fields in the Module Options, make sure you review the other tabs (My ChurchSuite Options, Connect Options and Embed Options) in the Children module's settings, to ensure that the respective fields are re-enabled there where desired.