Getting started with the Address Book module
Purpose of the module
Welcome to the ChurchSuite Address Book! This module manages all adult contacts associated with your church, ministry, or charitable organisation. Through the Address Book, you can manage people's contact details, record and track levels of engagement, carry out common admin workflows and communicate and report with ease.
The Address Book is not intended for children and young people (typically under-18s) - the Children module is provided for those who are part of your organisation's children or youth ministry - although you can maintain their parent/carer details in the Address Book and link children to their parents/carers.
We encourage you to use this article to familiarise yourself with the module's key features and customisation options available, and to acquaint yourself with some of the basic concepts and terminology that you will see within the module and the other support articles.
Address Book features at a glance
- Add new or import existing contacts
- Contact profile pages with everything in one view
- Use standard (common) fields, enable optional fields, or create custom fields
- Manage each person's communication options, privacy settings and ongoing consent to comply with the GDPR
- Categorise your Address Book contacts using tags
- Maintain historical records of key dates
- Add internal-only notes against contacts
- Build custom forms
- Use Flows to process people through common administrative workflows and receive reminders when tasks become due or overdue
- Communicate by Email and SMS (sending messages in real-time, or scheduling communications)
- Wide range of standard reports, or perform custom reporting using Smart Tags or the Table Generator
- Produce printable contact directories
- Archive contacts that have moved on from your community, or set them active again if they return
- Customisable Address Book Embed form for newcomers to submit their contact details and areas of interest via your website
- Invite members to access the 'My ChurchSuite' member-facing platform - where contacts are able to keep their details up to date, view all their communications in one place and communicate with one another
- Multi-site support - assign people to sites, perhaps where a "site" represents your different communities, projects or locations (e.g. different worshipping locations for church services, or different projects for a charity)
- Multi-lingual support using in-built translations for many countries or using your browser's regional settings translation
- Accessible through any browser, or via the free iOS or Android "ChurchSuite" app
To explore many of the Address Book module's features and functionality you'll need to add or import some data. It's easy to do, or the ChurchSuite Support team can import your existing data for you. See the related support articles at the end of this article for further details.
Got a question?
You’ll find the answers to most questions in our support articles - they're all available through the Support beacon located in the bottom-right corner of each page in the Address Book - just search by topic, phrase or keyword. You can also access the Support Article library on our website. And if you still can't find something you're looking for, click to contact one of the ChurchSuite team - we’re happy to help!