Getting started with the Calendar module
Introduction to the Calendar module
Welcome to ChurchSuite's Calendar module! This module enables you to manage all your events in one place, from large events for your members and supporters to smaller, internal-use events such as staff meetings. A separate Bookings module is provided for room/resource bookings for the events you run. You can easily control each event's visibility and status so that each event is promoted to just the right audience - in ChurchSuite, in My ChurchSuite, on social media, in your communications, at your Information Point through the Connect 'Events List' and through your website using the embeddable calendar and embeddable event feeds. For each event, you can optionally enable sign-up, create tickets (free, paid and pay on arrival), add custom questions to the sign-up form, send invitations and record event attendance using Event Check-In
The Calendar module also includes Leave management functionality. Knowing when key team members are on leave is a vital part of event management, so we've made it easy to manage user leave requests - including a 'leave approval' feature if your internal HR processes require an accept/decline response to leave requests.
We encourage you to read this article in full to familiarise yourself with the module's key features and customisation options available and to acquaint yourself with some of the basic concepts and terminology you'll see within the module and our other Calendar module support articles.
Check out our short training videos...
- Adding event categories
- How to add dates to an event sequence
- Customising the standard event sign up questions
- How to add questions to an event sign up
- When and how to add tickets to an event
- Working with hidden tickets
- How to send event invitations
- How to share an event page URL in an email
- How to record event attendance
- How to refund a ticket
- How to edit the map pin position
- How to add a User's leave setup
Here's a list of terms you may see across the ChurchSuite modules and in our support articles:
- Events are entries in the Calendar. These can be internal-only, member-facing or public-facing; they can simply be for information or can have sign-up enabled, with tickets and event questions added where appropriate.
- Categories are a way to group events together based on the 'type' of event they are.
- Leave Setup is how we refer to a user's (staff members) leave entitlement - and where you'll manage that entitlement. Leave Setups can be created to include approval by a line manager.
- Leave Requests are users' (staff members) requests for annual leave, sickness leave or other leave types listed in your module settings. These can be submitted by users with access to ChurchSuite.
- Sequenced Events are events that repeat (either regularly or irregularly) and are linked together. You can edit the details for a whole sequence of events without having to access each individual event to make changes.
- Sign-Ups are people who have signed up to attend an event.
- Check-Ins are people who have been checked in to the event and are marked as attending.
Calendar module features at a glance
- Add or import individual and sequence events and categorise them within the calendar
- Set physical event locations or run online events through the meeting URL
- Control event visibility and sign-up settings on an event-by-event basis
- Manage event status, set pending events as confirmed or cancel an event with a button click
- Embed your calendar or event feeds into your website
- Increase engagement by enabling sign-up for events
- Manage event planning to-dos with checklists to ensure everything required happens before and after the event
- Create tickets - free, pay online, pay on arrival, and hidden tickets
- Manage event and ticket capacity
- Add custom questions to the sign-up form to collect all the important information needed to manage the event
- Send event invitations and track responses
- Record event attendance using the check-in functionality
- Allow sign-ups to self-cancel, with an optional reason, should they be unable to attend
- Communicate with those who have been invited, signed up or checked in
- Integrates intuitively with other modules, connecting events to rotas, resource bookings and service plans
- Get your ChurchSuite calendar linked to your calendar application by subscribing to an iCal or Google Calendar feed
- Manage user leave requests with accept/decline approval and optionally auto-add unavailability to the Rotas module
Got a question?
You’ll find the answers to most questions in our support articles - they're all available through the Support beacon located in the bottom-right corner of each page in the Calendar module - just search by topic, phrase or keyword. You can also access the Support Article library on our website. And if you still can't find something you're looking for, click to get in touch with one of the ChurchSuite team - we’re happy to help!