Getting started with the Network module
Purpose of the module
Welcome to ChurchSuite's Network module! This module is designed for networks to manage the organisations they have links with, whether that's storing information about a network of churches or organisations partnering with a charity. In this module, you can easily create organisations, optionally group them using Labels and manage member lists and roles. Key dates can be stored against organisations to track their engagement with your network and information about organisations can easily be embedded on a website. The module also includes a range of reports to help you better understand engagement and how your network is developing over time.
We encourage you to read this article in full in order to familiarise yourself with the module's key features and customisation options and to acquaint yourself with the basic concepts and terminology you'll see within the module and our other Network module support articles.
Network module features at a glance
- easily add or import and then manage the organisations that are connected to or belong to your network
- add custom fields to maintain additional organisation details that don't fit in ChurchSuite's standard fields
- group or categorise organisations using labels - ideal for targeted communication to specific groupings of organisation members or to filter organisation reports
- define and collect metrics from organisations in your network
- embed lists or maps of the organisations in your network on your website
- multi-site support - maintain site-specific or 'all sites' organisations
- powerful reporting to help you better visualise or understand your network
- scaleable, flexible functionality for networks of all sizes - there's no limit to the number or type of organisations you can maintain in the module
In order to explore many of the Network module's features and functionality, you'll need to add some data. While not intended to be an exhaustive list, working through some of the following tasks will help you get your Network module up and running - see the related support articles listed at the end of this article for detailed 'step-by-step' instructions.
- Review the module's settings
- Optionally add Labels and Custom Fields
- Add or import the details of organisations in your network
- Populate each organisation's member list
- Add and assign roles to organisation members
- Optionally configure the embeddable organisation lists and maps for your website
Got a question?
You’ll find the answers to most questions in our support articles - they're all available through the Support beacon located in the bottom-right corner of each page in the Network module - just search by topic, phrase or keyword. You can also access the Support Article library on our website. And if you still can't find something you're looking for, click to get in touch with one of the ChurchSuite team - we’re happy to help!