Getting started with the Bookings module
Purpose of the module
Welcome to the ChurchSuite Bookings module! This module enables you to handle all your resource bookings, from creating bookings and managing customers to sending booking confirmations, maintaining a list of prices, raising booking charges and collecting payments.
We encourage you to read this article in full to familiarise yourself with the module's key features and customisation options and to acquaint yourself with some of the basic concepts and terminology you'll see within the module and our other Bookings module support articles.
Bookings module features at a glance
- Add or import customers
- Add your booking types: e.g. life events, like weddings, funerals, baptisms, and all your other internal and external bookings; each with custom questions for collecting the related customer booking responses
- Add your resources and categorise them: e.g. rooms, equipment, key people, and vehicles; each with custom questions for collecting related customer booking responses
- Easily manage resources that have a limited or unlimited quantity e.g. tables and chairs, with clash detection to alert if the available quantity is exceeded
- Optionally assign overseers to a booking type and resources - overseers can be notified when bookings are added, edited or deleted, and receive a weekly digest email of all their upcoming bookings
- Add single-date and multi-date sequence bookings
- View resource bookings in a Day/7-day/28-day-to-view Planner, with granular type/resource filters
- Manage booking planning to-dos with checklists to ensure everything happens before and after the booking
- Manage internal-use resource bookings by linking to Calendar module events, and manage external-use unlinked resource bookings
- Factor in set up and set down time to the resource booking times
- Built-in clash detection with clash approval option for permitted users
- Manage the status of each of your resource bookings - from 'pending' to 'confirmed' or 'cancelled'
- Maintain details of all your booking and resource-related prices - prices can be fixed, per hour and per day
- Raise booking charges, assign a due date, and collect payments online
- Send bookings to customers by email, enclosing a link to their customer-facing booking page confirming all the booking details and charges
- Manage customer admin processes using Flows, and receive reminders when tasks become due and overdue
- Subscribe to a range of booking iCals to see resource bookings in your preferred personal calendar app
You'll need to add your booking types and various rooms and resources to explore many of the Bookings module's features and functionality. See the related support articles at the end of this article for further guidance.
Got a question?
You’ll find the answers to most questions in our support articles - they're all available through the Support beacon located in the bottom-right corner of each page in the Bookings module - just search by topic, phrase or keyword. You can also access the Support Article library on our website. And if you still can't find something you're looking for, click to get in touch with one of the ChurchSuite team - we’re happy to help!